- Prospective Members
- Greek Experience
Sorority and Fraternity/Department of Residence Contract Cancellation Policy 2018-2019
- Students who join the Sorority and Fraternity Community on or before July 1, 2018 may cancel their Department of Residence Housing and Dining contract by forfeiting their $125 prepayment.
- Any student who cancels their Department of Residence contract after July 1, 2018 to move into a fraternity or sorority house will forfeit their $125 prepayment AND be assessed 50% housing cancellation fee and board fee.
- New members are advised to talk with their chapter leadership if they are interested in breaking their Department of Residence Housing and Dining contract after July 1, 2018.
- The standard Department of Residence Housing and Dining contract cancellation deadline for newly admitted students is May 1, 2018.
- Beginning in 2018-2019 school year, the contract break deadline for sorority and fraternity members will be May 1, 2019.
Contract Cancellation Process
- Membership Acceptance Card (Bid Card) must be received by The Office of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement (or postmarked) within 72 hours of the new member acceptance (completed in full including signature and date).
- New Member must cancel their contract with the Department of Residence one of three ways:
- Online by logging onto AccessPlus account
- In Person by visiting the Department of Residence Office
Department of Residence Administrative Office
2419 Friley Hall
Ames, IA 50012
3. Chapter must notify the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement by submitting the new member’s name, university ID and chapter affiliation information through the Approved Contract Break form.