- Prospective Members
- Greek Experience
Greek/Department of Residence Contract Cancellation Policy 2017-2018
- Students who join the Sorority and Fraternity Community on or before July 7, 2017 may cancel their Department of Residence Housing and Dining contract by forfeiting their $125 prepayment.
- Any student who cancels their Department of Residence contract after July 7, 2017 to move into a fraternity or sorority house will forfeit their $125 prepayment AND be assessed 15% housing cancellation fee and board fee, unless the chapter is NOT eligible for additional contract breaks.
- New members are advised to talk with their chapter leadership if they are interested in breaking their Department of Residence Housing and Dining contract after July 7, 2017.
- The standard Department of Residence Housing and Dining contract cancellation deadline for newly admitted students is May 1, 2017.
- Department of Residence/Greek Contract Break Policy 2017-2018
- Additional Contract Break Requests fall 2017
Contract Cancellation Process
- Membership Acceptance Card (Bid Card) must be received by The Office of Sorority and Fraternity Engagement (or postmarked) within 72 hours of the new member acceptance (completed in full including signature and date).
- New Member must cancel their contract with the Department of Residence one of three ways:
- Online by logging onto AccessPlus account
- In Person by visiting the Department of Residence Office
Department of Residence Administrative Office
2419 Friley Hall
Ames, IA 50012
3. Chapter must notify the Office of Sorority and Fraternity by submitting the new member’s name, university ID and chapter affiliation information through the Approved Contract Break form.