- Prospective Members
- Greek Experience
Iowa State fraternities and sororities strive for high scholarship and developing academic excellence among their chapter members. One sign of strong academic ability is a solid grade point average. The Sorority and Fraternity community traditionally maintains a higher G.P.A. than the all-University average.
Chapter Scholarship Programs
Moving from a highly structured high school environment to the freedoms of college can be a challenging adjustment for students. Fraternities and sororities assist in many facets:
- Customized scholarship improvement programs
- Faculty/university advisers (required for each chapter)
- Networking through upperclassmen with knowledge of campus resources such as the library, tutors, computer labs and campus/community study locations
- Scholarship incentive programs
- Study partners
- Test-taking strategies
- Time management workshops
If you are in need of academic support, ask your chapter:
- About tutoring funds that might pay for your individual or small group tutoring sessions.
- If there are scholarships available for you as a member of your chapter through your (inter)national organization or the Iowa State University Foundation.
- For referrals of junior and senior members of your chapter in your same college or major, that might be able to serve as your academic mentor.