- Prospective Members
- Greek Experience
Parent & Family
Going Greek at Iowa State University is an important decision for your student and one that you need to be comfortable with as well. Your student will be part of a self-governing community that provides a multitude of opportunities for both personal and professional development, all of which will help lead your student to a bright and successful future.
Tips for supporting your student during the recruitment/intake process:
- Allow your student to make his/her own decision
- Learn as much as you can about Greek life and the membership experience
- Keep an open mind
- Talk to your student about the financial obligations and membership requirements
- Just because you’re a Greek alumnus, doesn’t mean your student is interested in the opportunity
- Keep the Office of Greek Affairs contact information available. Please contact us if you have questions.
Once your student joins a chapter, take advantage of:
- Parent's weekend activities
- Participate in Iowa State University's Cyclone Family Weekend
- Join Iowa State’s Parent and Family Programs
We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about what the Greek community has to offer your student. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions.