- Prospective Members
- Greek Experience
Greek Community Ambassadors
Greek Community Ambassadors
Statement of Necessity
The Greek Community Ambassador program is necessary to adequately promote the true purpose of fraternity and sorority life. Greek Community Ambassadors will create an impact on the outlook of Greek life for faculty, staff, current students, prospective students, families, community members and stakeholders.
Greek Community Ambassadors is a volunteer program designed for current Greek members to create awareness, positively promote, stimulate interest, and represent the Iowa State University Greek community with prospective students, families, community members and stakeholders. Greek Community Ambassadors will communicate a comprehensive view of student life at ISU, while focusing on various aspects of the Greek community including leadership, philanthropy, academics, and social activities.
Greek Community Ambassadors pride themselves on honesty, accuracy and enthusiasm for the Greek community. Greek Community Ambassadors will provide education to prospective students and families to help students see themselves as an Iowa State University Greek member.
The role of Greek Community Ambassadors (GCA) is to serve as representatives of the Iowa State University Greek community and the Collegiate Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council, Multicultural Greek Council, and National Pan-Hellenic Council. The role of the ambassadors is to educate prospective students, families, local community and stakeholders about the Iowa State University Greek community. Ambassadors will support Greek community activities including but not limited to Office of Admissions visit days, Greek Visit Day, Destination Iowa State, and ClubFest.
- Must be an initiated member of a fraternity/sorority within the CPC, IFC, MGC or NPHC councils.
- Must be in good standing with your fraternity/sorority and Iowa State University
- Must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA and maintain this GPA over the course of the leadership term
- Must have effective speaking skills, the ability to work well with others, desire to represent all Greek life and willingness to learn about the entire Greek community
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and friendliness
- Must be a positive role model within the fraternity and sorority community
- Enthusiastic, organized, passionate and motivated to learn about the ISU Greek community
- Must be able to attend the Greek Community Ambassadors retreat
- Must be available to attend all GCA meetings (Bi-Weekly, TBD pending schedules)
- Must be available to host a minimum of four prospective student visits Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 2:10 pm starting January 12 through May 15 per month (be available during your scheduled visit time)
- Must be available to assist, when scheduled, with Experience Iowa State Days resource fairs from 7:45 am- 9:00 am Mondays and Friday and “Fraternities and Sororities at Iowa State” session at 2:10 pm Mondays and Fridays
- Be available to help with the functions of Greek Visit Day
- Be disaffiliated during your prospective visits
Greek Community Ambassadors also have the additional opportunity to support programming throughout the year. Programming includes, but is not limited to Greek Alumni Weekend (Homecoming weekend), summer recruitment initiatives, Greek community stakeholder resource fair, and City of Ames outreach events.
Ambassadors are expected to attend all events for which they are assigned or volunteer. The adviser has the discretion to dismiss an Ambassador for excessive absences of for any other reason deemed appropriate.
Please note that this is an opportunity to serve the Greek community. It is not expected that you have any prior knowledge of the community as a whole, but rather that you have an interest in learning more about the Iowa State University Greek community. You will receive appropriate training before scheduled to provide tours. Limited knowledge of other fraternities and sororities should not hinder you from applying for this opportunity!